Using Profiler Extension For Improving Models

TIL about the profiler extension and it's just what I need to improve my models!

It includes primitives that measure 

  • how many times the procedures in your model are called during a run and 
  • how long each call takes. 
Even though the extension is experimental, as a developer, I find it very useful. 



To test it, I added the profiler extension to my 8 tile puzzle model.





Below shows the primitives I used within the makeopen procedure.


With the chosen A* algorithm, it produced the following results:


And finally, I was able to compare the execution times of the algorithms I defined for my 8-tile puzzle solver like Hillclimbing, Best-First, Breadth-First and Depth-First.

To know more about the Profiler extension, refer to http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/docs/profiler.html


Share on Google Plus

About SSabal

:)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment